Re: [AMBER] sander.MPI problem

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 15:56:41 -0400

Hello,

This doesn't provide much information helpful for debugging. What are your
system specs (OS, compilers, etc.)? What test is it specifically failing on
(or stalling on)? Did the serial tests pass? Have you applied all bug
fixes? The more details we have regarding system setup, the better chance
someone will be able to help.

All the best,
Jason

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 3:19 PM, peker milas <pekermilas.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Amber user and developers,
>
> My parallel (with openmpi1.4) Amber10 installation has a strange
> problem. Let me try to explain it briefly, if run parallel tests with
> only 2 processors (mpirun -np 2) everything goes fine except a couple
> of failures. If i run them with 4 or more than 4 processors (mpirun
> -np 4) it stalls in an arbitrary test. My computer has 8 physical cpu
> s and it has shared memory parallelization. I used it for other
> programs and there was no problem. So, really need help about this
> number of processor issue and any will be greatly appreciated.
>
> thank you so much
> peker milas

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida