Re: [AMBER] hbond and acceptor definition

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 14:46:03 -0400

You need to specify two masks for the acceptor command, one for the heavy
atoms and one for the hydrogens. Again, from the manual the acceptor command
is:

acceptor resname atomname atomnameH | mask mask maskH | clear | print

The relevant part here is "mask mask maskH". So you would need something
like

acceptor mask :1496-6496.O :1496-6496.H1
acceptor mask :1496-6496.O :1496-6496.H2

However, to just keep track of interactions of this residue with the solvent
you don't need to explicitly specify your water as a donor or an acceptor;
this should be taken care of with the solventdonor and solventacceptor
keywords of the hbond command. So you could do something like:

donor mask :1321.N=,O=,S=
hbond series hbt angle 120.0 distance 3.5 solventneighbor 100 solventdonor
SPC O solventacceptor SPC O H1 solventacceptor SPC O H2 hbfile
hbond_time.dat avgfile average_stat.dat solventhbonds

Please carefully read section 6.9 in the AmberTools 1.4 manual for more
information.

-Dan