Re: PROGRESS! [AMBER] installation on MacOS10.6

From: erik zuiderweg <zuiderwe.umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 13:46:38 -0400

Done, and I am OK now with the compilers.

Ambertools configure is OK now, but still problems with install:

Starting installation of AmberTools, version 1.4 serial at Mon May 17 13:31:48 EDT 2010.
(cd ucpp-1.3 && make install )
gcc -o ucpp mem.o nhash.o cpp.o lexer.o assert.o macro.o eval.o
mv ucpp /usr/local/amber11/bin
(cd byacc && make install )
mv yacc /usr/local/amber11/bin
(cd arpack && make install );
ar rv arpack.a ivout.o dvout.o dgetv0.o dlaqrb.o dnaitr.o dnapps.o dnaup2.o dnaupd.o dnconv.o dneigh.o dmout.o dneupd.o dngets.o dsaitr.o dsapps.o dsaup2.o dsaupd.o dsconv.o dseigt.o dsesrt.o dseupd.o dsgets.o dsortc.o dsortr.o dstatn.o dstats.o dstqrb.o dsarpack.o wallclock.o
ar: arpack.a is a fat file (use libtool(1) or lipo(1) and ar(1) on it)
ar: arpack.a: Inappropriate file type or format
make[1]: *** [arpack.a] Error 1
make: *** [serial] Error 2