Re: PROGRESS! [AMBER] installation on MacOS10.6

From: Mengjuei Hsieh <mjhsieh.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 09:44:47 -0700

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 8:57 AM, erik zuiderweg <zuiderwe.umich.edu> wrote:

> the gcc -v command gives me the wrong compiler:

This can be easily solved by tweaking your path environment variable.

export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH

And write that command into your $HOME/.bashrc . By doing this, your shell
will make use of /usr/local/bin/gcc first instead of /usr/bin/gcc .

Although I would argue that the command should be put earlier than the
macports setting in your .bashrc, but since you said your macports
installation doesn't give you an updated .bashrc (or .profile ?), so I'd say
just forget about it :-).

All the best,
--
Mengjuei