Re: [AMBER] Iodine ESP

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 12:46:58 +0200

Dear William,

> Thanks for your interest, and sorry for late reply, where I lost my
> hopes to get an answer for my posted questions.I found RED-IV has
> not released yet, so I was wondering which basis set have you used
> to generate the ESP of iodine. How can we manipulate the
> relativistic effect during ESP generation for iodine? or it is not
> important in charge derivation step.Thanks in advance

If the modifications can be carried out in R.E.D. IV/R.E.D. Server,
they can also be done in R.E.D.-III.x.

We can update R.E.D.-III.x/provide a patch so that R.E.D. handles
Iodine (we did that for Pt some time ago). Then, you will be able to
test various basis sets/ECPs/radii to select the theory level you
think is the best for your case.

regards, Francois

           F.-Y. Dupradeau
                 ---