Re: [AMBER] installation on MacOS10.6

From: Sidney Elmer <paulymer.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 23:22:35 -0700

Erik,

Where is your gfortran executable located? If you installed it yourself and
put it in the default directory, it's located in /usr/local/gfortran/bin.
This directory is not in the standard library search paths so you have to
add it manually by setting the environment variable "export
XTRA_FLIBS=-L/usr/local/gfortran/bin" before you run the configure script.
This is what I had to do this morning when I installed AmberTools 1.4. Hope
this helps.

Sid

PS. The output from configure will still show an error saying that it can't
compile mixed C/fortran code. But this is not the case, it will work. Just
verify in the config.h file that the variable FLIBS includes a flag for the
search directory you just added through XTRA_FLIBS.