Re: [AMBER] installation on MacOS10.6

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 21:00:36 -0400

On Fri, May 14, 2010, Jason Swails wrote:

> > Indeed, you can mixed gfortran with apple gcc if you do instead of
> > gcc -o testp testp.c.o testp.f.o -lgfortran -framework Accelerate
> > use
> > gfortran -o testp testp.c.o testp.f.o -framework Accelerate

Yes, but this won't get you very far with AmberTools, which always uses
the former usage, not the latter. Basically, unless you want to really spend
a lot of time re-writing AmberTools, you need to install compilers that
work for the first of the options above. Following advice of others, I've
had good luck with macports for both 10.5 and 10.6, but I had relatively
new machines, and am certainly no expert on all the possible combinations
of compilers that people might want or need to use. But it seems worthwhile
to try to get gcc and gfortran at the same version level.

....dac