Re: [AMBER] Error while compiling GPU version of PMEMD in Amber 11

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 15:13:31 -0400

On Wed, May 12, 2010, Samuel, Tabitha Kripa wrote:

> /opt/cuda/bin/../include/math_functions.h:422: error: inline function âint __signbit(double)â cannot be declared weak
>

> gcc/4.4.2-rhel5

This is your problem....nvidia doesn't (yet???) support gcc 4.4.x. You
have to "downgrade" to gcc 4.3 or earlier (4.1.2 seems to be fine).

You can try googling on something like "gcc44 nvidia", but nobody seems to
have a good solution.

[What I *think* is going on: g++ keeps getting more and more strict about
compliance to language standards as new revisions are released. The nvidia
SDK probably has some non-standard code that used to be allowed but no longer
is.]

We need to get the web page updated to include this limitation.

...regards....dac