[AMBER] Error while compiling GPU version of PMEMD in Amber 11

From: Samuel, Tabitha Kripa <tsamuel.utk.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 14:42:42 -0400

Hi,

I've been able to successfully configure, compile and run test cases of the serial and parallel version of amber 11. But I've run into problems trying to compile pmemd.cuda

I followed the instructions in the manual, but ran into this on running 'make cuda' in $AMBERHOME/src

This is the error message I received:

/opt/cuda/bin/../include/math_functions.h:422: error: inline function âint __signbit(double)â cannot be declared weak

/opt/cuda/bin/../include/math_functions.h:427: error: inline function âint __signbitf(float)â cannot be declared weak

/opt/cuda/bin/../include/math_functions.h:440: error: inline function âint __signbitl(long double)â cannot be declared weak

/usr/include/bits/mathcalls.h:350: error: inline function âint __signbit(double)â cannot be declared weak

/usr/include/bits/mathcalls.h:350: error: inline function âint __signbitf(float)â cannot be declared weak

/usr/include/bits/mathcalls.h:350: error: inline function âint __signbitl(long double)â cannot be declared weak

/usr/include/bits/mathinline.h:36: error: inline function âint __signbitf(float)â cannot be declared weak

/usr/include/bits/mathinline.h:42: error: inline function âint __signbit(double)â cannot be declared weak

/usr/include/bits/mathinline.h:48: error: inline function âint __signbitl(long double)â cannot be declared weak

make[3]: *** [kForcesUpdate.o] Error 1

My programming environment is as follows:

cuda/3.0
mpich2/1.2.1-ch3nemesis-gcc44
openmpi/1.4.1-gcc44-rhel5

gcc/4.4.2-rhel5

Any hints on what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tabitha

Tabitha Samuel

NICS Scientific Support

National Institute for Computational Sciences

Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Oak Ridge, TN 37831

865-574-0413

tsamuel.utk.edu