Re: [AMBER] a recent review about force fields

From: Kevin Hauser <84hauser.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 12:45:25 -0400

Hi, Alan,

I was not able to find what (I think) you wanted, but came across some
things that may be helpful (?):

Website:
http://www.bmb.uga.edu/wampler/8200/using-ff/mmrefs.html
(See bottom of page for "comparisons" - none of which are recent, though)

Loosening your <3 year constraint, the following articles:

Geometry and excitation energy fluctuations of NMA in aqueous solution with
CHARMM, AMBER, OPLS, and GROMOS force fields: Implications for protein
ultraviolet spectra simulation*. Chem. Phys. Let. 2008
*Zhenyu Li, Haibo Yu, Wei Zhuang and Shaul Mukame
(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2344158/)
* *
and
Base Flipping in a GCGC Containing DNA Dodecamer: A Comparative Study of the
Performance of the Nucleic Acid Force Fields, CHARMM, AMBER, and BMS *J.
Chem. Theor. Comput. 2006*
U. Deva Priyakumar and Alexander D. MacKerell, Jr
(http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct0501957)

and

Assessment of standard force field models against high-quality *ab
initio*potential curves for prototypes of
-, CH/, and SH/ interactions
*Journal Comp. Chem. 2009*
C. David Sherrill, Bobby G. Sumpter, Mutasem O. Sinnokrot, Michael S.
Marshall, Edward G. Hohenstein, Ross C. Walker, Ian R. Gould
(http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/122218931/abstract)

and

A consensus view of protein dynamics *PNAS 2006*
Rueda, M; Ferrera-Costa, C.; Meyer, T; Perez, A; Camps, J; Hospital, A;
Gelpi, J; Orozco, M
(http://www.pnas.org/content/104/3/796.abstract)

and

Single Stranded Loops of Quadruplex DNA As Key Benchmark for Testing Nucleic
Acids Force Fields *J. Theor. Chem. Comput. 2009*
Eva Fadrna, Nad’a Spackova, Joanna Sarzynska, Jaroslav Koca, Modesto Orozco,
Thomas E. Cheatham, III, Tadeusz Kulinski and Jiri Sponer
(http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct900200k)

HTH,
kevin

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Alan <alanwilter.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I believe is common sense that FF are improving over the time, from
> united-atoms to all-atoms etc. (just see the series Amber94, 96, 98, 99,
> 03,
> 99SB, 99bsc and now 99ildn, did I miss any?).
>
> What I am looking for is a recent review on FF in general (not only for
> Amber, but Charmm, Opls etc. would be nice). By recent I mean something not
> older than 3 y would be interesting.
>
> Suggestions are very appreciated. Can be even those to be (certainly)
> published.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan
>
> --
> Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
> Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.
> 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.
> >>http://www.bio.cam.ac.uk/~awd28 <http://www.bio.cam.ac.uk/%7Eawd28><<

-- - -
HK
Kevin Eduard Hauser