Re: [AMBER] How to disable the 1-4 interaction

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:34:46 -0400

Hello,

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Hector A. Baldoni <hbaldoni.unsl.edu.ar>wrote:

> Dear AMBER users,
>
> It is possible to disabled the 1-4 interaction for a selected group or
> atoms type ? I have a four atoms "coarse grained" cyclic structure and
> atoms 1-4 should not see each other.

What version of AMBER are you trying to use? AMBER 11 allows for variable
1-4 scaling, so you may be able to accomplish that with the AMBER 11 version
(though you'll have to make new atom types and specify those 1-4
interactions as having very very large divisors so their effect becomes
negligible). See the documentation regarding that.

For earlier versions of amber, I do not think this is possible.

Good luck!
Jason

> Many thank in advance
>

> ---------------------------------