[AMBER] esp and resp with pcgamess

From: peker milas <pekermilas.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 08:58:03 -0400

Dear amber users,

I am currently trying to calculate resp charges for an optimized
molecule. Although there are valuable explanations on this subject in
AmberTools manual (espgen,repsgen,and related parts), unfortunately i
could not find even a single comment about the usage of gamess or
pcgamess(firefly) output files for resp calculation. I should say i
used RED3-Tools first but i want to constraint some of the charges on
specific atoms and this doesn't look like possible with RED3-Tools. I
also tried a couple of shell scripts for extracting esp input from the
output file but non of them worked. Now, i really don't know how i can
create this input file. So, any help on this will be greatly
appreciated...

thank you so much
peker milas