Re: [AMBER] ambertools 1.4, tests

From: David Watson <dewatson.olemiss.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 12:23:58 -0500

On May 6, 2010, at 11:58 AM, Alan wrote:

> Thanks Ben,
>
> BTW, I've heard here in the list that MPICH2 is the one to use with Intel,
> but then I didn't try this.

I was an openmpi fan at first, but the numbers we got on our 8- and 16-core SMP Linux systems encouraged me to give it a try on Mac OS X.
I'll see if I can find my old benchmarks and get back with you.
You will have to first compile mpich2 with wrappers for icc/ifort.
I have given instructions before on how to do this - so search the ambermd mailing list archive.
I decided to put my mpich2 in /opt/mpich2 to keep it separate from the system mpi utilities.
Double check that the mpich2 binaries come before /usr/local/bin or /usr/bin in your path.

But it seems he figured it all out.