[AMBER] after equil surface of octahedral water-box have small well shaped arrangement of water

From: mish <smncbr.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 14:00:49 +0200

Hi all :

I am trying to do some MM-PB/SA calculation in my system. For equilibration
of the salivated system (octahedral TIP3P) i used the fallowing scheme-
1- Minimization of solvent molecules with fixed protein
2- Heating system with fixed protein (300 ps)
3- Equilibrating water in the system with fixed protein (700 ps)
4- Minimization of protein with with fixed water
5- Heating system with fixed water (300ps)
6- Equilibration of whole system without any restrain (10 ns)

I found that the density in the step 6 is less than 1 for first few few ps
and then it adjust is very soon. When i look in adjustment of water molecule
after each step, I found a weird thing after step 3. I did imaging with
ptraj and found that few planes of octahedral water-box have small well
shaped arrangenemt of water. I am really surprised that why this happened.
Is it may be due to only 12A layer of water box, that PBC is showing effcet
of adgacent protein ?

Reigards

..mish