Re: [AMBER] Question about running AMBER on a mac

From: Mengjuei Hsieh <mjhsieh.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 11:32:57 -0700

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:18 AM, Emily Curtis <emilymariecurtis.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.  I am trying to install ambertools on a mac.  I installed MacPorts and I
> have the intel version of the ifort compiler to compile fortran.  Do I still
> need to install gfortran?
>
> *When I try to run "./compile gnu" I get the following error messages:*
>
> Emily-Curtis-MacBook-Pro:src emily$ ./configure gnu
[snipped]
> ./configure: line 1019: gfortran: command not found
> ./configure: line 1020: ./testp: No such file or directory
> Unable to compile a Fortran program using gfortran -O0

Hi,

If you plan to use MacPorts gfortran to build AT1.4, you need to do
"sudo port install gcc44", "sudo port install gcc_select", and "sudo
gcc_select mp-gcc44" commands. This is due to the fact the filename of
the executable from gcc44 port is gfortran-mp-4.4, not simply
gfortran.

If you are interested in building AmberTools 1.4 using gfortran on a
Mac, go visit this link for more information:
http://amberonmac.blogspot.com/2010/04/step-by-step-ambertools-14-installation.html

As to the error when you ran ./configure intel, you need to make sure
you can run the compilers. An easy way to check is to run "ifort -v"
and "icc -v" commands.

Best,
--
Mengjuei