Re: [AMBER] Installation of Amber10

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 10:16:03 -0400

Hello,

According to the Makefile in the test directory, the only logical
explanation is that AMBERHOME was not set for your shell session. Running
"make test.parallel.MM" first executes the lines

test.sander.BASIC.MPI:
   -export TESTsander=$(AMBERHOME)/exe/sander.MPI; $(MAKE) -k
test.sander.BASIC

in the Makefile. If AMBERHOME has no definition, you will get
TESTsander=/exe/sander.MPI, which is the error you're getting. See below
for my solution.

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 10:02 AM, jaya c.jose <jayacjose.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I tried to install AMBER 10 in centos.I had installed Amber Tools1.2 at
> first and followed the amber10 user's manual.
>

> To test parallel programs I have given the following commands
>
> cd $AMBERHOME/test
> set DO_PARALLEL 'mpirun -np 4'
> export DO_PARALLEL
> make test.parallel.MM < /dev/null
>

> Then it showed the following massages
>

> export TESTsander=/exe/sander.MPI; make test.sander.BASIC
> make[1]: Entering directory `/storage/home/nsp/AMBER/amber10/test'
> cd cytosine && ./Run.cytosine
> /exe/sander.MPI: Command not found.
> ./Run.cytosine: Program error
> make[1]: *** [test.sander.BASIC] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/storage/home/nsp/AMBER/amber10/test'
> make: *** [test.sander.BASIC.MPI] Error 2
>

> In the first step I set up the environment variables in the .bashrc as
> follows
>

> AMBERHOME=/storage/home/nsp/AMBER/amber10

You must export this variable like you do to PATH below. Otherwise it does
not become part of the environment. This should fix your problem.

Good luck!
Jason

> export PATH=$PATH:/storage/home/nsp/AMBER/amber10/bin
> export PATH=$PATH:$AMBERHOME/exe
>

> How can I resolve this problem.
>
> With Regards
>
> Jaya