Re: [AMBER] Amber10 on Snow Leopard

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 08:14:48 -0500

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010, Christine Baranski wrote:

> I have just compiled Amber Tools 1.2 on Snow Leopard
>
> but when I run a test I find this problem
>
> make -f Makefile_at test
> ( cd nab; make test )
> Running test to make dna duplex:
>
> /bin/sh: line 1: 33406 Segmentation fault ./duplex < duplex.in

Did you follow in detail the suggestions under the "Running Amber on Mac OSX"
link at http://ambermd.org? Snow Leopard is a tricky OS, since Apple made
giant changes compared to Leopard itself, and you have to be sure you are
running correct compilers.

Plus, we quashed a lot of bugs in going from version 1.2 to 1.3. If you want
to run nab on Mac OSX 10.6, I would recommend using version 1.3, and following
the instructions on the web page listed above.

...dac