Re: [AMBER] AmberTools-1.3 Install Problem

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:51:34 -0500

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010, Hopkins, Robert wrote:

> I've been trying to install AmberTools-1.3 in a Cygwin environment.
>
> make[1]: vfork: Resource temporarily unavailable

I don't think this has anything to do with Amber, but is something that
cygwin "does" occasionally. You might try again, perhaps after a reboot,
if needed?

Googling the error message (something always worth trying!) suggests that
one possibility is an incompatibility between cygwin and Logitech webcams.
Other possibilities are certainly out there -- this error pops up a lot for
cygwin users who have never heard of Amber.

Are you running cygwin 1.5 or 1.7? (Just curious: it shouldn't make
a difference. I have compiled AmberTools 1.3 successfully on both versions.)

...dac