[AMBER] How to avoid Zn parametrization?

From: Andrew Voronkov <drugdesign.yandex.ru>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:10:36 +0300

Dear Amber users,
I have a protein which has Zn atom, bound directly to four amino acids (Tankyrase PARP domain, 2rf5 code in PDB bank).
I need to test the results of docking of small ligands by MD run by evaluation of the stability of complexes. The binding site is far from Zn atom. For now I have no time to make parametrization for Zn atom as far as it seems to be rather advanced and time consuming. What options do I have?
For example I haven't included Zinc in docking site while performing docking. Can I maybe make CAP molecular dynamics only for the binding site of the ligand.
Probably parametrize zinc as ion, or just cut out Zn atom and fix all Zn-surrounding amino acids as in the X-ray structure?

Best regards,
Andrew