[AMBER] TI in Amber 10 with ifsc=2, energy decomposition and restraints

From: Samuel Genheden <samuel.genheden.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:02:28 +0100

Hello, Amber users

I want to perturb a benzene molecule (bound to a protein) into nothing
using the TI facilities of Amber 10. This is similar to the tutorial
but I want to perturb to nothing instead of phenol. At the same time I
want to use energy decomposition (idecomp=4) and to apply restraints
(nmropt=1) to the benzene molecule. To perturb to nothing I use the
option ifsc=2, as explained in the manual. But when I run sander it
stucks at a particular place in the initialization phase. I have tried
to set ifsc to 0, and then sander runs perfectly fine. By looking
through the sander code I have located the "stucking" to the
synchronize_dec routine in decomp.f. Sander enters this function, but
it never leaves it.

My simple question is: what does this function do? I realize that it
synchronize something with MPI, but what? How can I cure my problem?

I use Amber10 with all the latest bug fixes.

Best regards,
Samuel

My input:
 &cntrl