Re: [AMBER] Problem on PMEMD

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:46:16 -0400

It is possible, if you are not wrapping coordinates back into the primary
unit cell, that you have run long enough for some of your atoms to go "out
of range" for the restart file also. Look for strings of asterisks "*" in
the file "restrt" to make sure this has not happened. There really is not
nearly enough information here to know what is happening for sure. As Tom
says, it could also be an intermittent problem with your mpi-related
hardware (the interconnect); it could also be that your simulation blew up
or a copy of pmemd died on one of the processors for some other reason (even
a bug, though I would like to believe that most of those have been fixed by
now...).
Regards - Bob Duke