Re: [AMBER] Any tutorial on the proper way to merge a ligand and protein?

From: Dean Cuebas <deancuebas.missouristate.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 20:12:00 +0100

That is EXACTLY what I wanted...

Thanks so very much... now I can proceed.

(I just wasn't sure how to "merge" more than one molecule in tleap to create
the system)

Thanks again!

Dean

PS. Yes, it is obvious once you know how :-)

PPS. To anyone else that's new to this... I've very successfully used
Autodock to blindly dock cofactors to proteins when I only have the
coordinates of the protein. That has been my starting point for MD (I've
used gromacs before) and in fact, Autodock was able to correctly predict a
docking pose that I would have never predicted by homology to another
protein, but was confirmed when a much more homologous protein's structure
was eventually determined with the cofactor bound in this unusual pose.
--
Dr. Dean Cuebas, Associate Prof of Chemistry
deancuebas.missouristate.edu, Ph 417-836-8567 FAX 417-836-5507