RE: [AMBER] PCA analysis: the first vector is the movement of whole molecule.

From: Catein Catherine <askamber23.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 04:46:49 +0100

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is the reasons why I ask, I expect the rotation and translation motion of whole molecule should be removed from PCA analysis, by using "rms first *". The rotation and translation motion of whole molecule could not be the purpose of doing PCA. Why does it related to the length of the simulation?

As suggested by IED webpage, "rms first *" was used, What is the meaning of *?

Best regards,

Cat