[AMBER] implicit solvent (GB version2) MD simulation

From: workalemahu berhanu <wgberhanu.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:53:47 +0100

Dear amber users
I was doing implicit solvent (GB version2) MD simulation on my peptide
and the peptide with the ligand but the RMSD is not getting
stabilized. I run it at different simulation times to see if it is
getting stabilized (from 100ps to 10 ns).
I am suspecting that there could be a problem with my approach? I
followed tutorial 1 for the DNA
The peptide is first minimized according to:
Minimisation
 &cntrl
  imin = 1,
  maxcyc = 1000,
  ncyc = 500,
  ntb = 0,
  igb = 2
  cut = 12
 /
The input file for the simulation is:
MD run Generalised Born, 12 angstrom cut off
 &cntrl
  imin = 0, ntb = 0,
  igb = 2, ntpr = 100, ntwx = 100,
  ntt = 3, gamma_ln = 1.0,
  tempi = 300.0, temp0 = 300.0
  nstlim = 50000000, dt = 0.001,
  cut = 12.0
 /
If you notice any mistake in the method I am using, please tell me.
With best regards
Thank you
Workalemahu