RE: AMBER: launching a job works with sander.MPI and fail with pmemd.MPI

From: unknown charset <no email>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:57:05 +0100 (CET)

Hi Ross,

Thank you for your mail. Finally, I tried to use AMBER 10 in place of
AMBER 9, and pmemd runs without any problem. Now, I have another naive
question. I already realized that pmemd runs significantly faster than
sander even on 4 processors. But, if I compare the results obtained
by sander and pmemd starting from the same system, as for example the
total energy, the two runs seem not to be so much correlated. So, I would
like to know whether we have to expect that pmemd or sander should produce
the same numbers if the runs start from the same system. The
differences observed come probably from a different architecture of the
two programs, could you please tell me little bit more about that?

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,

Therese