Re: AMBER: Compiling AMBER 10 on SGI MIPS and Sun SPARC

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 07:54:33 -0500

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008, Atro Tossavainen wrote:

> Printing out something that doesn't end in & !! on line 239 makes the
> problem go away.

OK: it looks like the problem is that the compiler is treating "!" as the
beginning of an in-line comment, even when it is inside a string. That would
explain the "missing ' character" error. Other than talking to Sun
I guess you would have to find and replace strings that
have an "!" character in them.

> f90 -c -O1 -free -M../../sander -I../src/include -DHAS_LAPACK -DQMMM -o ../obj/tsqna.o ../src/ts/tsqna.F90
>
> & '('' Lambda too large& ! Scaled Down'', &

Looks like the same kind of problem(?)

> The experiment you suggested allows ncsu-abmd-hooks.f to compile. None
> of the other ncsu-* files present any problems.

The other files with this sort of indirection may only come into play for
parallel runs.

> > It could be that the SGI f90 code is not correctly handling these sorts of
> > indirections.

It still seems to me that your error messages are consistent with this
diagnosis.

...dac