Re: AMBER: Charge neutralization, GlcNac & GalNac improper torsional angles from old PREP

From: Lachele Foley (Lists) <"Lachele>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 10:47:54 -0400

Regardign the torsions, the format of the input files has changed. I
doubt that, in itself, is an issue.

The non-integral charges, however, is likely to indicate a significant
problem. Typically, it indicates that the residues are not named
and/or terminated properly or that the structure doesn't make the sort
of chemical sense one might expect. Can you tell me the sugar you are
trying to build? If it contains only the residues WYB, 1VA and 4YB,
then there may be a problem. For example, the residue 1VA is only
useful for 1-1 (type) connections. Did you intend to use 0VA instead?

I just built a small, complete, sugar molecule containing those three
residues. I used these commands (in a very recent version of leap):

source leaprc.GLYCAM_06
m1 = sequence { 1VA WYB }
set m1 tail m1.2.O3
m1 = sequence { m1 4YB 0GA }
set m1 tail m1.2.O4
m1 = sequence { m1 0MA }
savepdb m1 m1.pdb
saveamberparm m1 m1.top m1.crd

Please note: as I mentioned above, the first linkage ("sequence { 1VA
WYB }") is a 1-1 linkage, which is very infrequently desired. This is
why I asked earlier if you intended to use 0VA (which would have been
1VA in an old naming system, a fact which frequently causes
confusion).

When I built the molecule, leap gave complaints about the prep file
formatting, like it did for you, but it did not complain about
charges. Note in the output below, that despite complaining about the
torsions, it does say it applied them. I also got what appear to be
valid crd and top files. I loaded them into VMD to test, and the
molecule looks reasonable.

Writing pdb file: m1.pdb
Checking Unit.
Building topology.
Building atom parameters.
Building bond parameters.
Building angle parameters.
Building proper torsion parameters.
Building improper torsion parameters.
old PREP-specified impropers:
 <4YB 3>: C2 C2N N2 H2N
 <4YB 3>: CME N2 C2N O2N
 <1VA 1>: C2 C2N N2 H2N
 <1VA 1>: CME N2 C2N O2N
 <WYB 2>: C2 C2N N2 H2N
 <WYB 2>: CME N2 C2N O2N
 total 6 improper torsions applied
 6 improper torsions in old prep form
Building H-Bond parameters.
Not Marking per-residue atom chain types.
Marking per-residue atom chain types.
 (no restraints)

Let me know if you continue to have difficulty.

:-) Lachele

--
:-) Lachele
Lachele Foley