AMBER: improper dihedral in ff03 united atom forcefield

From: اطو©و© <sansanqin00.mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:49:28 +0800 (CST)

Dear amber-users:

      I have a question about the improper dihedral in ff03 united atom forcefield. As we know, in order to prevent inversion of the stereochemistry of sp3 carbons, the united atom CH groups - sp3 carbons with one implicit hydrogen should be designed with improper dihedral parameters. However in frcmod.ff03ua, I can't see any improper dihedral parameters dealing with CH group. If I want to simulate some alkanes with branch, can I use the 03 united atoms? If so, how does it deal with improper dihedrals?

     This confuses me a lot, will somebody give me some explanation? Thanks very much in advance.

Shanshan Qin