RE: AMBER: ptraj problem with centering in the box

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:31:51 -0700

Hi Hannes,

Have you run a constant pressure (NPT) simulation to equilibrate the
pressure? Leap by default sets the box size too large, to avoid steric
clashes, and so if you do not equilibrate pressure you end up with the
density too low and vacuum bubbles will form. In your case though the image
looks like what I would expect if you did some kind of centering of the
inpcrd file created by leap rather than after a reasonable length MD
simulation. Which frame of MD are you showing here? If this is the first
frame then this at least makes some sense. What does it look like at the end
of the trajectory file?

You could try opening the unimaged trajectory in VMD and having it display
the periodic boxes and see if the gaps are there - It is under graphical
representations -> periodic if I remember correctly.

Beyond that I think we will need more details to be able to help some more.

All the best
Ross