AMBER:

From: Peseckis, Steven M. <SPeseck.UTNet.UToledo.Edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:54:05 -0400

We are attempting to compile and install Amber 10 on a PC running Ubuntu Linux 8.04, with gcc and gfortran version 4.2.3. We are able to complete make serial with some minor warnings about go to commands and block scope, but when we try to run the tests via make test, we get:

cd dmp && ./Run.dmp
At line 686 of file _mdread.f
Fortran runtime error: Missing initial left parenthesis in format

  ./Run.dmp: Program error
make: *** [test.sander.BASIC.nopar] Error 1

make -k tests.serial fails on almost all the test cases with this same runtime error, though at a different line number in each case. A search through the archives didn't reveal much of anything on this topic.

I don't know much Fortran 90, but it looks as if the problem is somehow tied into some of the hooks for the ncsu modifications, for what that is worth.

Please let me know if there is any other information that would help debug this further.

Thanks,

Steven Peseckis, Ph.D.