AMBER: Ewald error estimate

From: Pavan G <pavanamber.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 10:22:48 -0400

Hello All,
During a simulation, at what cut-off "Ewald error estimate" should one begin
to worry. In the mail archive I saw it vary by orders of magnitude from
10^(-1) to 10(-4/5) for a range of simulations setups. What I observed in my
simulations was that the error estimate increases as the viscosity of the
solvent surrounding the protein increases. This is after all the simulation
parameters reach equilibrium (300K-1Atm-Volume-density). Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Pavan