AMBER: Trajectory - Average Structure - Equilibration

From: <dpandit.brandeis.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:37:46 -0400

Hi All:
After going through archives and tutorials, I am kind of confused
about what portion of the initial trajectory needs to be discarded and
what is the appropriate way to calculate average structure.
Particularly, say first I performed heating at constant volume for 20
PS. Temperature is OK. I performed constant Pressure for next 200 PS
but average pressure of the system is not yet stable. So I perform
additional 400 PS for constant pressure. Now, pressure seems OK and I
go ahead for the production runs. So do I discard first 620 PS of
trajectory or I just need to discard 20 PS.

Archive Message - and other messages on the link

http://archive.ambermd.org/200804/0279.html

Tutorials
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial3/section6.htm

http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial8/loop13.htm