Re: AMBER: PROBLEM: AmberTools Installation using Ubuntu

From: David Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:25:45 -0700

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008, Jens Lattig wrote:

> My System is Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) installed on an Intel Core Duo.

What does "gcc --version" report?

> ./configure_at gcc
>
> cd ../test
> make -f Makefile_at test
>
> resulted in the following error(s):
>
> cc: /opt/amber10/lib/libnab.a: linker input file unused because linking
> not
> done

This is innocuous, but annoying. Maybe someone on the list knows why your
version of gcc is issuing this warning.

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmpi

This is weird. You did not ask for mpi in your configure script. Is there a
chance you have old NAB stuff around, or that you tried at some point to ask
for mpi?

Please do the following:

1. post your amber10/src/config.h file

2. cd amber10/test/nab; nab -v duplex.nab
      (and report what the result is).

...dac