Re: AMBER: VMD Movie .mdcrd file ptraj

From: David Watson <dewatson.olemiss.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 09:57:16 -0500

>From what I understand, if you are calling ptraj from the
command line, then you need to specify it as such:

    ptraj mymolecule.prmtop mytrajfile.traj

where: mymolecule.prmtop is whatever your topology file name
is, and mytrajfile.traj is the whatever you have named the
file containing your ptraj script commands.

If you are dumping a new set of MD coordinates, then in VMD
you will first need to create a new molecule, browse for
your >topology< file and load it.

Next you should make sure that the molecule is highlighted,
and then "Load Data into Molecule..."
At this point, browse for your MD coordinate file, and make
sure that it loads as either an "AMBER Coordinates" file, or
"AMBER Coordinates with Periodic Box", depending upon
whether you are using periodic conditions in your
simulation.