RE: AMBER: Could not find cntrl namelist

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:57:39 -0700

Dear Francesco

I can find nothing wrong with your input files so am at a complete loss to
explain the problem you are seeing. Here is what I tried on my machine. This
is a Intel Pentium-D running RHEL 4, Amber 9 patched to bugfix.36, compiled
in serial with ifort 9.1.039 and MKL 8.0.2.

I saved your vac_min.in, eqmecycl.prmtop and eqmecycl.inpcrd files directly
from your email to my home directory and then ran sander with:

/usr/local/amber9/exe/sander -O -i vac_min.in -o vac_min.out -p
eqmecycl.prmtop -c eqmecycl.inpcrd -r vac_min.rst

And it ran in 0.03 seconds stopping the minimization after 274 steps when
the convergence criteria had been met. Attached are all of the files I used
/ were produced in this run.

Hence I cannot explain why you see the problems you do - are you running
this with the serial version of Amber, interactively on your machine? Are
are you submitting this to a queuing system / using the parallel version?

All the best
Ross

/\
\/