RE: AMBER: Could not find cntrl namelist

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:00:38 -0700

Hi Bob,

Just an update here:

Setting ntb=0 and igb=0 in Amber selects a gas phase simulation using the
direct space nonbond routines from the code that would normally be used for
ewald/pme. This is seen in the output as:

| NONPERIODIC ntb=0 and igb=0: Setting up nonperiodic simulation

So there is nothing illegal with this input option you get a gas phase
simulation with no periodic boundaries and a pair list that is heuristically
updated. This is compared to setting igb=6 which will also give you a gas
phase simulation but in this case will go through the GB portion of the code
instead of the ewald portion of the code. The essential difference here is
that no non-bond list is used and the cut off criteria is evaluated on every
step. For a small gas phase system (<300 atoms or so) this can be a little
bit faster than the igb=0 version. Although in reality it is really meant
only for testing.

Short summary: This is unrelated to the "could not find cntrl namelist
error."

All the best
Ross

/\