Re: AMBER: Could not find cntrl namelist

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:57:54 -0400

Okay, I looked at this and saw no funny nonprinting special chars. What I
did see is a nonperiodic system (ntb = 0) with a PME simulation (igb = 0),
and no &ewald section. Now, pme does a periodic boundary condition by
default, but you can get a barebones vacuum simulation by specifying in an
&ewald namelist a value for eedmeth of 4 (bare coulomb) or 5
(distance-dependent dielectric). I sort of suspect, without looking at the
sander code, that there is a bug in input parsing that maybe is incorrectly
identifying this illegal combination of inputs, and producing the wrong
error message. This is a quick guess; I have not looked back at the sander
code (don't know which version anyway) and this is a nonissue with PMEMD
because I don't support non-generalized Born vacuum simulations at present.
I would first try sticking
 &ewald
  eedmeth=4,
 /
after the &cntrl and see if that works. Sorry if I am off on this, but
thought a quick comment couldn't hurt much. These comments are based on
amber 9; probably true for 8 and 7 also.
Best Regards - Bob Duke