Re: AMBER: instructions for making a library file for an unusual residue?

From: FyD <fyd.u-picardie.fr>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:17:48 +0100

Quoting Kenley Barrett <kenley.barrett.gmail.com>:

> Thank you very much for your reply. I'm afraid that I'm still confused about
> what I need to do. Can R.E.D or R.E.D. II match the Duan et al. 2003 force
> field, or do I need R.E.D. III to match the 2003 force field? If I need
> R.E.D. III, is it available for downloading yet? Does it have a manual
> online? I was only able to find information on your website relating to
> R.E.D. and R.E.D. II.

YES
Modifying a single line of code in R.E.D. II or R.E.D. III.
Providing the theory level used by Duan et al in the MEP computation:
See for instance http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/archive/200504/0152.html
to get information about the Gaussian route.

> You mentioned that you had discussed the making of library files in a former
> e-mail--I'm afraid I wasn't able to find this e-mail. If I'm asking
> questions that you have already answered, could you please refer me to the
> date of that e-mail? I apologize if I'm wasting your time asking questions
> that have already been answered.

Email ? No script yes

Scripts to convert mol2 files (library precursor) into LEaP OFF file (force
field library): mol2 to off files

You can now find these script examples in the R.E.DD.B. database for the AIB
(dimethylalanine) residue:
1) Central fragment:
http://www.u-picardie.fr/labo/lbpd/REDDB/uploadfile/F-1/leaprc-mol2tooff.ff
http://www.u-picardie.fr/labo/lbpd/REDDB/uploadfile/F-2/leaprc-mol2tooff.ff