Re: AMBER: regarding ambpdb

From: Ilyas Yildirim <yildirim.pas.rochester.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 05:54:03 -0500 (EST)

Dear Raman,

Do u use the trajectory file (.mdcrd) or the restart file (.rst) to create
the .pdb files? For the second case, using ambpdb will create the correct
..pdb file. Do u use the following command to create it?

ambdpdb -p molecule.prmtop <molecule_min.crd> molecule_min.pdb

where molecule.prmtop is the topology file, molecule_min.crd is the
minimized restart file and molecule_min.pdb is the .pdb file of the
minimized structure.

Did u try to check these structures in VMD? In InsightII, it is normal if
it will show u a different structure, as it uses its library to define the
residues. Check out molecule_min.pdb. The atom names, the residue names
might look different than the residue library of InsightII. But I never
had any trouble in VMD. Try to check those minimized structures in VMD.

Good luck,

--
  Ilyas Yildirim
  - Department of Chemisty       -				-