RE: AMBER: AMBER 8 installation - continued

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:17:50 -0700

Hi Atro,

> Oh, but I *am* using gmake, and was wondering why it wasn't
> being used!
>
> Turns out that the AMBER Makefiles contain literal references
> to "make"
> instead of $(MAKE), so unless you're prepared to remove the
> OS vendor's
> make from your system and rename GNU make to "make", which would be a
> Very Bad Move, there's nothing you can do.

You can set an alias to alias make to gmake. This should work even if there
is a 'make' command in your path. E.g.

alias make=gmake

In the meantime I will take a look at the makefiles and see about replacing
the explicit references to make with $MAKE.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Department of Molecular Biology TPC15 |
| The Scripps Research Institute |
| Tel:- +1 858 784 8889 | EMail:- ross.rosswalker.co.uk |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/ | PGP Key available on request |