RE: AMBER: Amber8 compilation in Dec-Alpha

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:09:40 -0700

Hi Jiten,

>In a attempt to compile amber8 in dec-alpha (compac) I see the follwing
error,

>f90 -c -tune host -arch host -o sys.o _sys.f
>cc -c -O -std1 -o wallclock.o wallclock.c
>ar rv sys.a sys.o wallclock.o
>ar: Error: cannot create temp file
>*** Exit 1

Do you have complete write permission to the amber directory? Are you
certain there are no temporary files in the directory that are owned by
anybody else - so preventing you overwriting them? Do you have enough disk
space / quota?

Try running the following line manually and see if you get a more
informative error message:

ar rv sys.a sys.o wallclock.o

You might also want to create a fresh amber8 source from the original tar
file and try the compilation again. In this way you will remove any existing
files from the amber8 directory that are not owned / writable by you.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Department of Molecular Biology TPC15 |
| The Scripps Research Institute |
| Tel:- +1 858 784 8889 | EMail:- ross.rosswalker.co.uk |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/ | PGP Key available on request |