Re: AMBER: AMBER 8 installation - continued

From: Atro Tossavainen <atro.tossavainen+amber.helsinki.fi>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:37:24 +0300 (EEST)

> You can set an alias to alias make to gmake. This should work even if there
> is a 'make' command in your path. E.g.
>
> alias make=gmake

gmake turns out not to be a solution to the "ar rv$(LIB)" problem, though.

ar rvlibXpm.a data.o create.o misc.o rgb.o scan.o parse.o hashtable.o XpmCrBufFrI.o XpmCrDataFrP.o XpmCrPFrBuf.o XpmRdFToI.o XpmWrFFrI.o XpmCrBufFrP.o XpmCrIFrBuf.o XpmCrPFrData.o XpmRdFToP.o XpmWrFFrP.o XpmCrDataFrI.o XpmCrIFrData.o XpmRdFToData.o XpmWrFFrData.o
ar: data.o not in archive format
ar: bXpm.a taken as mandatory 'posname' with keys 'abi'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `libXpm.a'
Current working directory $(AMBERHOME)/src/leap/src/Xpm
gmake[1]: *** [install] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `$(AMBERHOME)/src/leap'
gmake: *** [serial] Error 2

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,