Re: AMBER: questions about NMODE

From: <xhu1.memphis.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:47:18 -0500

Dear Dr. David Case,

Thank you very much for your help! When I did normal mode calculation
after CG minimization, I got this error message:

 Root-mean-square gradient of input coords is 2.11537836
 This is greater than the requested maximum: 1.E-05

I tried both formatted and nonformatted input coordinates, which is
the result of CG minimization. Got the same error. From this error
message, my minimization is still far away from a minimum. It's not
true.

Here is my input file:

Normal mode analysis, coordinates have been minimized
 &data
  ntrun=1
  cut=8.5
  ntx=0
 &end
END

do you think there is any problem in my input file?

Thanks again!

All the best

Dr. Xiaohua Hu
Chemistry Department
University of Memphis

> The above looks fine...should be plenty ready for normal mode
> analysis.
w.