AMBER: Group in sander

From: Chris Moth <Chris.Moth.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:20:37 -0500

At 02:05 PM 4/12/2004, you wrote:
>Hi, I am using SANDER to minimize the energy of DNA before I calculate its
>frequencies using NMODE. Because I do not want to restrain any atoms in
>the mimization, so there is no group information in my input file for
>sander. However, I got an error message " sandermin.in, Group is not found
>at the end of file". Is the group information required for any
>minimization in sander? Thank you!

Make sure you do not have nmropt=1 or other group requiring option.

In case it might help, here is a valid minimization input file for sander
that does not have a group. (It was generated by MM_PBSA - so the options
are of course very different from what you will want to use).

File generated by mm_pbsa.pl. Using MM GB MS
  &cntrl
   ntf = 1, ntb = 0, dielc = 1,
   idecomp= 0,
   igb = 1, saltcon= 0.2,