Re: AMBER: AMBER 7 Installation

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 17:37:57 -0800

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004, Ilyas Yildirim wrote:

> I have a question: We have installed the Amber 7 to a PII Compt. which
> runs under RedHat. There is a problem with the antechamber program. When I
> use a g98 output file and ask for a mol2 output file, the program seems
> to run normally, but it does not stop! Neither does it create any file.
> It seems that it runs into a loop, or something like that. Did anyone of
> you have the same problem, or might suggest me with a solution.
>
> PS: The compilation went well, do you think that we made a mistake while
> installing it? When I just type "antechamber", it sees the program but as
> I described above, it does not give any result. Just runs...

If you just type "antechamber", you should get an immediate error message
and usage statement. If not, something is wrong.

You don't way whether or not antechamber passed the test suite. This is
always something you (and others!) should do first: before reporting strange
errors with _your_ input, check the program out with _our_ inputs. That
really helps narrow down the source of errors.

....regards...dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case.scripps.edu