AMBER: LES methodology question

From: Vlad Cojocaru <Vlad.Cojocaru.mpi-bpc.mpg.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:12:14 +0100

Dear Amber users,
   Iam simulating an RNA molecule using LES. My RNA has three
interesting subregions (2 helices and 1 loop) connected to eachother in
the order helix-loop-helix. I want to make LES subspace for all these
regions using 5 copies. Now ..there are 2 posibilities (or probably more):
1. Make 1 LES subspace and replace the entire region (~15 nucleotides)
with 5 copies of it
2. Make 1 LES subspace for the first helix (5 copies), another one (5
copies) for the loop and another one for the second helix (5 copies).

I would appreciate if somebody could comment on advantages and
disadvantages of each of these posibilies. More in general I would like
to have a discussion about 1 LES subspace of the region of interest
(more atoms copied) versus spliting the region of interest into more
than 1 LES subspace (more LES regions but les atoms copied per region)
Thank you very much
vlad

--
Vlad Cojocaru