Need help recompiling

From: Peter Anderson <toutvabien78.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 07:23:11 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Amber Users,

I have modified the file /src/sander/locmem.f of AMBER
7 in order to correct a "Non bond list overflow"
problem. Specifically, I changed the denominator in
line 479 of locmem.f to 2.5 from its original value of
3.5.

My problem is that I cannot recompile the modified
source code. I'm using Redhat Linux 7.3 / AMD
processors and have used the commands $ f77 locmem.f
and $ g77 locmem.f. Each time, I received a long list
of error messages stating, for instance, "Invalid
declaration of or reference to symbol `cutoffnb' at
(^) [initially seen at (^)]
locmemalt.f:479:
             maxpr_float = natom * (cutoffnb +
skinnb)**3 / 2.5d0" Each error message started out
with "Invalid declaration of or reference to symbol
....."

Does anyone know what may be causing these error
messages, and how I can recompile the locmem.f file?

Thanks for your help,
Peter Anderson