Amber & F90

From: Pricl Sabrina <sabrinap_at_dicamp.univ.trieste.it>
Date: Fri 23 Nov 2001 14:22:20 +0100

Dear Sirs,
I'm having some problems in compiling my licensed version of Amber 6.0 on my
SGI. The major problem concerns the fact that the Fortran version on my
Origin 2000 is Fortran 90. Accordingly, as I tried to run the "make install"
script to compile the basic Amber distribution (aver having succesfully
created the link to my Machine), I get the error message "f77: cannot find
file". Therefore, I resorted to the step-wise compilation using the Compile
script under the src directory. This time, I got the other error message "CC
error: cannot exec /urs/lib32/cmplrs/mfef77", which is rather clear. In
fact, under the same path I have the correct library for F90, i.e. mfef90.
Can you help me by suggesting a way to bypass this problem? In other words,
is there a way to run Amber 6.0 with F90, or should I install F77, which
will be highly unconvenient for me, since I have all other applications
which refer to this later version of fortran?
I confide in your help, and thank you in advance
Best regards
Sabrina Pricl
University of Trieste, Italy