Re: AMBER Compile Question

From: David Case <case_at_scripps.edu>
Date: Tue 6 Nov 2001 18:22:34 -0800

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001, C. Singer wrote:

> running (hoping to run) AMBER on a Linux cluster... have installed MPICH
> 1.2.2.2 and reading through the AMBER file 0README.parallel came across
> some comments about modifying my makefile ...

Carlos Simmerling has just this weekend posted a new set of web pages
about Linux clusters. This includes sample MACHINE files for g77 and
Portland Group compilers. This may answer your questions:

   http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/cluster_info/index.html

But it is also true that sometimes you have to just play around a bit:
try compiling and linking. If you get missing libraries or entries, look
to see you if you can find what is missing on your machine, then include
a link to that in the LOADLIB environment variable.

...hope this helps....others may have more specific answers....dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case_at_scripps.edu