AMBER Compile Question

From: C. Singer <singerc_at_gaia.ecs.csus.edu>
Date: Tue 6 Nov 2001 18:07:31 -0800 (PST)

hi,

running (hoping to run) AMBER on a Linux cluster... have installed MPICH
1.2.2.2 and reading through the AMBER file 0README.parallel came across
some comments about modifying my makefile (in my case
Machine.g77_mpich) that i have a questions about.

if i understand correctly, the line for MAHCINEFLAGS should read:

setenv MACHINEFLAGS "-DISTAR2 -DREGNML -DMPI -DMPI_NATIVE -I/PathTompif.h"

i am also unclear about the following two lines:

setenv MPICH_LIBDIR $MPICH_HOME/lib
setenv MPICH_LIB mpich

the first of these is path to the MPICH library, but what is the second?
the library is already declared, and so is the include as well as the
path to mpif.h (by previous MACHINEFLAGS switch). help?

i am sure to have more questions, grateful for any helpful reply.

charles